Saturday, August 4, 2007

Land of Perpetual Saturdays

This is the last of the perpetual Saturdays.....summer vacation is now officially over.....there will be quick vacations here and there during the school year. I have found working in Middle School there is more of an mental and emotional drain on me. Do you remember when you had to keep at least one step ahead of your 6, 7 or 8th grader???? (That's 11-14 yr. olds) I remember every day...LOL

I came to Middle School the year my oldest daughter went into 6th grade. I am most sure that it saved her and her sisters life seeing these behaviors are 'normal' and I had best deal with them. Now both of them are well out of that age, but God has now 'called' me to an age that I can most be a role model and influence.

My oldest daughter has begun her teaching career in a Charter School. She had an excellent student teaching experience and I am sure that she will be very successful her first year. She will be teaming with 3 others in 6th grade. It is a new school, so at least 1 member of each team is a veteran teacher. She will be in training for the next 2 1/2 weeks and then her kiddos come August 27. At this time, they will have 15 students in each class. (Teacher friends: Are you drooling???) This school will also have Day Care from birth to 6th grade. Next year they will add 7 and 8th grade. This school is sponsored by the Cerebral Palsy Association....I had the wrong association as i have talked to many of you.

My youngest daughter is off on the adventure of a life time. She is beginning her first year at the United States Merchant Marine Academy. She reported July 5th and has made it through INDOC (initial first 2 weeks). She has now begun her first trimester of classes. the attending of an US Service Academy has been a goal of hers since Middle School or before. It had been a wonder to see God's path for her.

I have chosen you to come to my blog. I know you will be interested in my girls and my life. Please add comments as you want......

Blessings.........

1 comment:

Deb said...

Very good!!! This will be an adventure for both of us!

BTW -- as an internet safety issue, I think you should remove your last name. Ask the girls to see if I'm just paranoid.