Monday, January 21, 2008

WEDDING/WEDDING/WEDDING

I did think that I would get back to this before now....but I still have table cloths to wash from the Wedding....

Ah the Wedding: It was just as Emily and Giles had wanted! The Venue, the table decor and Fireplace, their Chocolate Cake and yummy punch....all as they had dreamed. They say that there is always one big glitch in the day...guess that 'honor' will go to Deb Hash. As her dress was being zipped, the zipper gave way. YEA for the Dress Maker Kathy who always brings her sewing box along......Deb was quickly sewn into her dress by her Mom and the coat never let on that the dress had a problem... For me, I forgot the lipstick I had planned on.

It was not a rushed day....we all had time to breath. Thanks to Bartender's and More who set up the tables and all of the Hash/Einfelt's who made sure that rehearsal took place, candles and certerpieces were ready, M&M's were mixed, punch was ready, along with the last minute details AS WELL as being ready for their Photos....WOW! We could not have done it without 'their boys (Hash/Einfelt)' and Laurie and Laura!!!!

Dave and Deb took the kids to their Honeymoon spot - The Brown Palace Hotel in downtown Denver. The Hotel over heard that they were just married at Noon, and upgraded their room and sent up a bottle of Champagne......They got a good afternoon/evening of rest and Molly and I picked the Newly Weds up on Saturday morning to take them to the Airport and their great adventure in London for a week.

Molly and I took care of Edmond..the cat. He seemed to enjoy the company after all the hub-bub of the past few days. We got the apt. organized, put the gifts and other valueables in the closet so kitty would not get into them and after staying an extra day ( I was tired), headed to Co. Springs on New Years Eve.

On Jan. 2 I was back at School!!! We have these short breaks missing 3-4 days and this was one of them. I could have used the extra days....kids returned for Thurs. and Fri. with at least 6-10 kids absent in each class....Parents did not seem to think that those two days would make a difference, so stayed on Break for the extra weekend. I would have liked to have stayed home with Molly before her return on Jan 6.

So, I have now recovered and will be available to muse more on my living......

HAPPY NEW YEAR and THANKING GOD FOR OUR NEW FAMILY!!!

No comments: