OK where did the rest of September go??? October 2nd and I was called for Jury Duty today. I was out by 10:45 am and free for the rest of the day. I did not get 'choosen' so I ate my lunch under a tree in the beautiful sunshine, reading a book and looking at Pikes Peak. There was just a dusting of snow in the crags of the mountain and a few of the trees are turning yellow. I do miss the hard woods of the midwest that provide the reds and rusts, BUT could NEVER give up the mountains again.
I promised some news of Molly after I went to NY to see her....here is some. A Whale of a Tale -- On Friday, Sept. 22, the girls team was rowing (Crew Team) on the NY Sound and all of a sudden a 3-5 foot wave of water was coming at them. They were at the correct angle NOT to be capsized into the Sound; however the coach was about engulfed in water in her boat. When asked "What the @!^& was that???", the coach said several times it has been either a whale or a submarine!! How's that for an adventure?? The rest of the early (4:25 AM) mornings practice was 'normal'. She competed with her 4 women team this last Sunday, Sept. 30 and they came in 4th......just 5 seconds behind the 3rd place. It was a 3 1/2 mile course. I would like to see one someday...even a video would be great! They are ready to get that extra 5 seconds made up for this next weeks competition.
I have been prevented from getting on Hotmail and also my blog spot through our school districts computer. So, now I have to do this from my home computer. I have been watching the Ken Burn's documentary: The War on PBS this week and last. It is the accounting of WWII. It is facinating to hear the testimonies of the men and women from the No. African, European and Pacific fronts and hear about the TOTAL support of the Americans on the homefront. It so speaks to me: SUPPORT OUR TROOPS NOW!!! The Bible says 'there will be wars and rumors of war until the return of Christ'.....so let's support the TROOPS and GET RID OF THE POLITICS and $$$$-making companies that prey on our troops. That is my strong opinion.
More tales of my visit to NY later..... Take a look at the picture: Molly was sworn into the US Navy Reserves and the Merchant Marine Reserves and is now an 'offical' Plebe. Notice the Navy wings on her left.
Blessings and Prayers for our TROOPS around the world serving God and our Country.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment